Tay's Top 3 QLD Beaches


G’day blogger world! 

Happy Monday! 

Today, I wanted to talk about something that is not only close to my heart, but I think should be the centre of everyones universe…. beaches! 

As an Australian tour guide, I am incredibly lucky that I get to spend the majority of my time travelling from one Queensland beach to another AND get paid for it. This is especially amazing for me as the beach and the ocean more specifically, has always been my happy place. 

Today I thought I would chat about my 3 favourite Queensland beaches.

Before I start, I just wanted to acknowledge now that yes, Whitehaven Beach is not on my list and no, it’s not a mistake. I’ve not forgotten it exists, I’ve not had a fall that resulted in brain damage. I just personally don’t love it.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s beautiful, as is the entirety of the Whitsundays, but it’s missing something that all of these beaches have in common, or rather it has something that these beaches do not. People. Tourists. Everywhere… The best thing about a beach, in my opinion, is the person connection you have to it, to feel almost as if it belongs to you and to be able to truly enjoy it. This is a feeling and a connection that I find hard to make on a beach where I can barely see the sand between the people.
 
But that’s just me, loads of people love it. Just go, make up your own mind, experience it for yourself. But I told ya so

1. Radical Bay, Magnetic Island

Radical Bay absolutely has my heart as my favourite beach that I’ve ever visited. It’s got everything I could want; gorgeous sand, beautiful clear blue water, a piano sitting right on the beach AND occasionally a nice death adder or two. 

Radical Bay is situated on Magnetic Island as one of the 25 beaches and bays on the island. Each as beautiful as the next, Radical will also be my favourite as to get down there also includes some real fun 4WD. Theres nothing better than a beach that takes a bit of effort to get to, to really work for. It just makes it even more beautiful when you do get there.


2. Shelving Beach, Great Keppel Island


Shelving is a whole other planet of amazing. It sits quietly on the south-west coast of Great Keppel Island - the largest of the Keppel group of islands that sits just off the coast of Yeppoon in North Queensland. 

Shelving is famous, in my world at least, for being one of the most secluded spots that you can snorkel the Great Barrier Reef straight off the beach.
There are two major reef systems off this beach, one to the right and one to the left and they are both incredible. A really great place to spot sea turtles, massive stingrays, epaulette sharks and an array of beautiful fish! There have even been a few tiger shark sightings around there, so if you’re lucky!

3. Mission Beach


Mission is something else entirely from the other two beaches on this list but still has a large part of my heart at it’s disposal.

For the of you that don’t know, Mission Beach is a suburb up in Far North Queensland near Tully, about 2.5 hours out of Cairns. It’s a beautiful beach that sits right on the edge of the Queensland Rainforest, with a beautiful array of rainforest walks, mangroves and beautiful, sandy beach.

Mission is one of those places that absolutely took my breath away when I first saw it. It’s not only spectacular because of all of the ecosystems and habitats that co-exist there in such a small area, but also because of the markets, the skydiving and the SPECTACULAR local fruit that’s available just a stones throw from the beach.

To anyone that hasn’t been, it absolutely needs to go on the top of your Australia travel bucket list! 



T


Comments

Popular Posts