Love, Pain and Human Decency

People are one of the most important things in everyone's lives. Whether you believe you're a social person or not, our experiences, our attitudes and our day to day lives are shaped by the people around us.

Whether it be from the start of your life, your parents (for those of us who were lucky enough) being beside you every second of the day, to early school life, our first real taste of what i
t is to have a social circle. To our teenage years when we start to become interested in romantic relationships and the opinions of our friends and peers become the most important part of our life.
And then finally, to adulthood, where our day to day is influenced heavily by our friends, our life partners, our work colleagues.

Regardless of what part of life you're at, other human beings are at the forefront of the majority of our experiences.

I've been thinking about this a lot lately, about how fantastic it can be to be around the right people, but more crucially, how shattering and destructive it can be, to be around the wrong kind of people.

I am very lucky, I am surrounded by a lot of amazing people that constantly give me the support and the love that I need.
But some people aren't as lucky as I am.

Some people don't have a support system, some people have to suffer through life's difficulties by themselves. Some people do have a strong support system but fail to realise it, and even more heartbreaking, some people think they do have a strong support system until they need it, then they find themselves abandoned.

It's something that I find myself pondering a lot and recent experience has put it at the forefront of my mind even more so and has left me asking;
Why is it that people need to be so cruel? Why do we as a species, feel the need to manipulate, to use each other for our own selfish gain?

Now, you may think that I'm rambling, and maybe I am. But at the end of the day, the message that I want to stress in this post is this:

You really have no idea what people are going through, who's hurt them or how they could be feeling. So at the end of the day, we need to come together to love each other.
Stop manipulating other people for your own selfish needs. Stop using people as throw away playthings and just love each other. 

You may not think that you can do much, but one helping hand, one ear to one person, can make all of the difference. 
It all starts with you. 

"To the world you may be just one person but to one person, you may be the world" - Dr. Seuss


Now, with all of that said, I am here for any of you. I'm your ear, your shoulder to cry on or your helping hand. All you need to do is reach out.
For any of you who do know me personally, my phone and my facebook inbox are always open. For the rest of you, the same goes for my email inbox! Anywhere, anytime!

Email: taylorbekkers2@gmail.com

Instagram: http://instagram.com/taylorbekkers

Comments

Popular Posts