My Next Adventure!





















OKAY GUYS OKAY IM SO EXCITED.

I have been thinking, as I always do when I come home for a trip, about where my next trip is going to be. As all of you guys that know me well enough know, I have a list of about 179 countries that I'm really desperate to go to (195 countries in the world - 16 that I have already been to).

I sat down to try and decide where my next trip would be and I had a few options in mind:

Did I want to go to Greece, to Island hop, immerse myself in the history and party haaaaard?
Did I want to go to Peru and hike Machu Picchu?
Did I want to go to Iceland in the hope of experiencing the Northern Lights?

All of these ideas were rolling around in my head until I decided that I needed to narrow my ideas down and start thinking of this logically.
I decided back in March, when I was in tears, standing in front of the spectacular Taj Mahal, that I wanted to have ticked off all of the 7 wonders of the modern world before the age of 30.

For those of you who don't know, those wonders are:

1. The Taj Mahal - Agra, India 
2. The Colosseum - Rome, Italy 
3. Machu Picchu - Cuzco, Peru
4. The Great Wall of China - Huairou, China
5. Chichen Itza - Yucatan, Mexico
6. Christ the Redeemer - Rio, Brazil
7. Petra - Jordan

So I decided that my next trip will encompass another one of the wonders to tick off my list. Which is why I have decided that I will be headed to...

Mexico and Cuba!! 



Mexico, being the home of Chichen Itza and Cuba being somewhere close by, that I have always wanted to go to, and am desperate to visit before tourism takes it over too much.

So, keep your eyes out guys, in 6 months or so, I'll be off on my next adventure to Central America!

(Side note: so now that I'm back at work as a travel agent, I'm going to start introducing a small segment at the bottom of my blog posts that is for my travel tips and any deals that might be going at the moment. Most of these tips will be aimed at people travelling from Australia, but for any of you reading, if you are interested in knowing a bit more about them or making the most of these trips, just send me an email to my work address, which I will post below. I would be more than happy to help you out to start your adventure) 

Tay's Travel Tip of the Day: 

Until the 14th of December, Contiki are running a deal where you can get either $300, $500 or $700 off the cost of your flights if you book certain tours with them! 

If you're interested in learning more about this deal while it's still live, chuck me an email at taylor.bekkers@statravel.com


Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/taylorbekkers/

Comments

Popular Posts