Signs, Fate and The World Around Us

"If we would just take a moment to look around, we would realise that the universe is in constant communication with us"

I really wish that I could source this quote. It was one that I found as I was browsing through tumblr, exploring ideas about fate and signs from the universe, something that has been on my mind a lot lately.
However, it wasn't sourced and although I tried, I couldn't manage to find a name to put to that quote. 

That didn't stop me from falling in love with it though. 
With that idea, that at the end of the day, if you listen hard enough, the universe will point you in the right direction. It will show you where you need to be, you just have to be ready to hear it.

As I mentioned, fate is a construct that has been on my mind a lot over the last few weeks. I've been contemplating life in general and my mind has been opened to a lot more while I've been over here in Vancouver. From the people I've met, the places I've been and the person that I've found in myself. 

One of the main reasons that it has been on my mind however is because, for one of the first times in my life, I've opened myself up to hearing the universe. Listening to the signs that it was giving me and because of this fact, as most of you know, I have decided to travel back home to Australia and continue my adventure from there. 

There were a lot of things that went into me making this decision that I'm not going to go into on here. But what I will say is that after a while, I realised that there was something out there that wanted me to go home, that the universe was almost screaming at me that I belonged at home in Aus, at least for the time being. 

That, for now, I have seen everything that I needed to see, I have met the people that I was supposed to meet and I have discovered the things that I was meant to discover. My adventure in North America has given me so much and there have been events and more importantly, people that have changed the way that I look at the world. 
And you know what? I honestly believe that is what was supposed to happen. That is why the world sent me to North America and I've got that now. So it's time to go home. 

I just wanted to finish off this small post with a quote from one of my favourite TV shows of all time, How I Met Your Mother. 

"You can ask the universe for all of the signs you want, but, ultimately, we see what we want to see, when we're ready to see it"

Maybe that is the case, maybe there is a part of us that does make our own fate, our own signs and our own destiny. But hey, is that not in itself, fate?




I would also really love to know all of your opinions on the topic, so feel free to chuck me an email!!


Comments

Popular Posts